What Can I Sell?
We want to allow as many sellers to participate as possible while keeping the quality and selection of items at its best. We have therefore instituted rules regarding how many items and what items can be sold at our sale. When selecting items to sell, sellers are expected to adhere to our item limits, sell seasonally appropriate clothing, and to follow the accepted/not accepted items lists below.
- 150 items total
- Of these 150 items, you can sell a maximum of 100 clothing items for babies through teens (this includes outerwear, woolens & accessories) in sizes up to women's/men's medium & maternity. (Athletic wear, shoes, and costumes do not count toward the 100 item clothing limit).
- Max. 60 of the 100 clothing items can be in sizes 0-1 year/0-24 months (50-86) total
- Max. 35 of the 100 clothing items can be in sizes Teen Girl XXS-XS-S-M total
- Max. 10 of the 100 clothing items can be maternity clothes
- Maximum 8 pairs of children's shoes up to (and including) size EUR 43 (athletic shoes such as football/ballet shoes, ski boots, etc, are considered sports gear, and do not count toward the 8 item shoe limit)
Sellers who volunteer for 3 or more shifts can sell up to 200 items total:
- 130 clothing items total
- 75 items in sizes 0-1 year/0-24 months (50-86)
- 15 maternity items
- 40 items in sizes Teen Girl XXS-XS-S-M
- 12 pairs of shoes
You can sell up to three clothing items as one item, but they must either be an outfit or three like items (3 bodysuits, t-shirts, etc) in the SAME SIZE and from the SAME BRAND. Keep in mind that these items cannot be hung and must be put in the appropriate bins. The items must be attached securely to each other using zip ties (if possible). DO NOT package items in plastic bags -- people want to see what they are buying and customers will likely open the bags and you could lose your items.
Accepted Items by Season
The following items are accepted at our
The following items are accepted at our
ACCEPTED Items at Every Sale
- TOPS: Short & long sleeve t-shirts, shirts, blouses, & bodysuits; sweatshirts
- BOTTOMS: Jeans; leggings; dress trousers/chinos in twill fabric; sweatpants
- DRESSES/SKIRTS: Jeans skirts; skirts and dresses in jersey
- OUTERWEAR: Fleece jackets/trousers/one-piece suits/tops; rain gear (jackets & trousers); lightweight outdoor suits (vårdress/parkdress)
- OUTERWEAR ACCESSORIES: Rain mittens; rain hats; thin hats/mittens/gloves (typically worn in autumn or spring)
- WOOLENS: Thin tops and bottoms (long underwear) and one-piece outfits; THICK wool clothing (like thick sweaters) can only be sold at the autumn sale
- OTHER CLOTHING/ACCESSORIES: Bunad/festdrakt; belts; sunglasses, purses, etc.
- MATERNITY: Maternity clothing (keep the season in mind); maternity accessories
- SHOES: Sneakers; rain boots (lined & unlined); slippers; dress shoes; bunadsko; athletic shoes (football shoes, ski boots, rollerblades, ice skates, ballet slippers, water shoes)
- BABY/CHILD FEEDING ITEMS: Boppy/nursing pillows; bibs; burp cloths; sterilizers; breast pumps; lunch boxes; bottles (unopened); children's tableware (cups, plates, bowls, flatware)
- SAFETY ITEMS: Baby monitors; safety gates; child-proofing products; bed rails; step stools; humidifiers/vaporizers; safety harnesses
- ROOM DECOR: Any decorative items for children's rooms: clocks, curtains, night lights, wall hangings, bins/baskets grow charts, photo frames.
- NEW HANDMADE items for babies and kids
Items NOT ACCEPTED at Either Sale
- CLOTHES that are stained, torn, dirty, smelly, old (not contemporary styles), or have holes or broken parts (snaps/zippers/buttons).
- ITEMS THAT ARE MISSING PIECES OR ARE BROKEN
- CLOTHING: Cotton socks & tights (wool is allowed), underpants -- except if new and in original packaging.
- STUFFED ANIMALS WITHOUT SOUND, LIGHTS, OR MOVEMENT All stuffed animals are removed from the sale--please save yourselves and our volunteers the time by not trying to sell stuffed animals. Thanks!
- CAR SEATS manufactured before 1 October 2019.
- VHS TAPES
- SHOES in shoe boxes (they will likely disappear!)
- BATTERY-OPERATED ITEMS without working batteries
- HOUSEHOLD ITEMS not related to children and parents-to-be