What Can I Sell?
We want to allow as many sellers to participate as possible while keeping the quality and selection of items at its best. We have therefore instituted rules regarding how many items and what items can be sold at our sale. When selecting items to sell, sellers are expected to adhere to our item limits, sell seasonally appropriate clothing (for the autumn sale), and to follow the accepted/not accepted items lists below.
MADLA BYDELSHUS SALE
SELLERS WHO VOLUNTEER
- 150 items total
- Of these 150 items, you can sell a maximum of 100 clothing items (this includes outerwear, woolens & accessories) in sizes 0-14 years & maternity. (Athletic wear, shoes, and costumes do not count toward the 100 item clothing limit).
- Max. 40 of the 100 clothing items can be in sizes 0-12 months (50-80cm) total
- Max 20 of the 100 clothing items can be in size 1 year/12-24 m (86 cm)
- Max. 10 of the 100 clothing items can be maternity clothes
- Maximum 8 pairs of children's shoes up to (and including) size EUR 40 (athletic shoes such as football/ballet shoes, ski boots, etc, are considered sports gear, and do not count toward the 8 item shoe limit)
Accepted Items by Season
The AUTUMN 2019 SALE at Madla bydelshus
is a SEASONAL sale.
Sellers may ONLY sell autumn/winter clothing.
The following items may only be sold at our SPRING SALE.
The following items may be sold at our AUTUMN SALE:
Corduroy, velour, velvet, wool trousers
Dresses & skirts in wool, corduroy, velour, velvet
Footed pj's (all ages)
Fleece & flannel pj's
Winter coats and trousers
Winter suits (vinterdress)
Winter gloves & mittens
Boots (winter & dressy)
ACCEPTED Items at Every Sale
- TOPS: Short & long sleeve t-shirts, shirts, blouses, & bodysuits; sweatshirts; turtleneck shirts; thick sweaters
- BOTTOMS: Jeans; leggings; dress trousers/chinos in twill fabric; corduroy, velour, velvet, wool trousers; sweatpants
- DRESSES/SKIRTS: Skirts and dresses in all fabrics
- PAJAMAS: PJ's with long sleeves & long legs (0-14 years & maternity); Footed pj's and sleepers; flannel/fleece pj's
- OUTERWEAR: Fleece jackets/trousers/one-piece suits/tops; rain gear (jackets & trousers); lightweight outdoor suits (vårdress/parkdress); winter coats & trousers; winter suits (vinterdress)
- OUTERWEAR ACCESSORIES: Rain mittens; rain hats; thin hats/mittens/gloves (typically worn in autumn or spring); winter gloves & mittens; scarves
- WOOLENS: Thin tops and bottoms (long underwear) and one-piece outfits
- OTHER CLOTHING/ACCESSORIES: Bunader/festdrakt; belts; sunglasses
- MATERNITY: Maternity clothing (keep the season in mind); maternity accessories
- SHOES: Sneakers; rain boots (lined & unlined); slippers; dress shoes; bunadsko; athletic shoes (football shoes, ski boots, rollerblades, ice skates, ballet slippers, water shoes); boots (winter & dressy)
- BABY/CHILD FEEDING ITEMS: Boppy/nursing pillows; bibs; burp cloths; sterilizers; breast pumps; lunch boxes; bottles (unopened); children's tableware (cups, plates, bowls, flatware)
- SAFETY ITEMS: Baby monitors; safety gates; child-proofing products; bed rails; step stools; humidifiers/vaporizers; safety harnesses
- ROOM DECOR: Any decorative items for children's rooms: clocks, curtains, night lights, wall hangings, bins/baskets grow charts, photo frames.
- NEW HANDMADE items for babies and kids
Items NOT ACCEPTED at Either Sale
- CLOTHES that are stained, torn, dirty, smelly, old (not contemporary styles), or have holes or broken parts (snaps/zippers/buttons).
- ITEMS THAT ARE MISSING PIECES OR ARE BROKEN
- CLOTHING: Socks & tights, underpants.
- STUFFED ANIMALS WITHOUT SOUND, LIGHTS, OR MOVEMENT All stuffed animals are removed from the sale--please save yourselves and our volunteers the time by not trying to sell stuffed animals. Thanks!
- CAR SEATS manufactured before 1 October 2015.
- VHS TAPES
- SHOES in shoe boxes (they will likely disappear!)
- BATTERY-OPERATED ITEMS without working batteries
- HOUSEHOLD ITEMS not related to children and parents-to-be
- CLOTHING & SHOES FOR ADULTS (besides maternity) Regular women’s clothing that is large enough to be worn by a pregnant woman does not count as maternity. If a child 12 years old or younger would not wear it, do not sell it!